Lorraine Landscaping - Kentville & Annapolis Valley - Hardscaping Page
Annapolis Valley- Kentville - Wolfville - New Minas - Coldbrook - Berwick - Kingston - Greenwood - Windsor. Lorraine Landscaping and Lorraine Lawn Care 902-538-3500 or 1-800-567-5296 proudly serving Kentville and the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia since 1972. We offer a full range of landscaping, lawn care, excavation and snow removal services to residential, commercial and institutional clients. We specialize in retaining walls, patios, walkways and hardscaping in a variety of media including natural stone, man-made blocks, paver stone, concrete and wood. We also offer culvert installations and drainage solutions including french drains. Our product sales include mulch, topsoil, garden soil, compost, gravel, crusher dust, and decorative rock and can we deliver. In the winter we offer snow removal and ice control. We are fully insured and are members of Landscape Nova Scotia and the Better Business Bureau.
HARDSCAPE DESIGN & INSTALLATION
Known for our experience, integrity and high-quality work
Custom Paver and Landscaping Stonework is Our Specialty
Creative Design Skilled Craftsman Expert Installation Quality Products
Hardscaping employs the use of "hard" inanimate materials in landscape architecture as opposed to "soft" living plant material. The diverse natural and man-made materials commonly used in hardscaping include: a variety of natural stone; man-made landscaping blocks, slabs, and bricks; natural wood and wood-plastic composites; metals, and even glass.
Good landscaping incorporates a balance between softscaping and hardscaping. Too much of either creates a landscaping "jungle of the softs" or a "barrenland of the hards." Well designed and skillfully installed hardscaping adds beauty, functionality, privacy, and long-term value to your property.
If we had to choose which aspect of our work brings us the greatest satisfaction, it would definitely have to be hardscaping with natural stone and landscaping stone. It is very rewarding to be involved in creating architectural landscaping that can last for many years, last a life time, or even endure for generations. It's rather remarkable to think that in a hundred years (or more) people could, without a doubt, be sitting on a stone wall that we hand built.
Whether working with natural stone, man-made landscaping products, wood, or metal, hardscaping offers many options and opportunities for enhancing landscape designs.
We take great pride in our skilled craftsmen and the high-quality work they bring to every hardscaping project
Advantages of Hardscaping
- Adds architectural interest and drama to your landscaping
- Ability to create outdoor living spaces including custom outdoor "rooms"
- Improves accessibility to your property with the use of walkways, paths & driveways
- Offers practical long-term solutions for problematic sites
- Superb erosion control offered by terracing of steep slopes and banks
- Helps add visual interest by creating depth and definition of spaces
- Helps interconnect spaces within a landscape design
- Enhances visual appeal with the wide variety of textures available
- Offers effective solutions for areas that do not readily support vegetation
- Provides excellent options for creating or increasing privacy
- Creates quiet spaces by reducing noise transmission
- Provides shade and protection from wind and weather
- Define property lines and distinctive spaces within a landscape design
- Create effective transition zones between buildings and landscape elements
- Make areas appear larger or smaller than they actually are
- Hide unsightly objects or views
- Reduces watering and upkeep requirements
- Outstanding low-care and long-term durability offered by stonework
- Adds valuable curb appeal and increases equity
Hardscaping needs to withstand our harsh weather elements; careful design, expert professional installation, and the use of quality products will ensure it lasts as long as it should (and of course proper regular maintenance).
What We Offer
Expert design and installation of all landscape hardscaping elements. Our specialty is custom paver and stonework.
- Retaining walls & decorative landscaping walls
- Terracing of slopes and banks
- Walkways and pathways
- Driveways and parking areas
- Patios and seating areas
- Outdoor fireplaces & barbeque stations
- Outdoor kitchens & living spaces
- Fire pits and intimate gathering areas
- Decks, including beautiful tiered decks
- Pergolas, arbours, and other outdoor structures
- Pool surrounds and decks
- Ponds, fountains & water features
- Rip Rap erosion control
- Drainage & site solutions
Bergman Landscape & Masonry Centres
Bergman Landscape & Masonry Centres is a major local supplier of hardscaping materials and their website offers great product information and excellent photos. Click on the following links to visit their website pages. Once there, you can follow links to a vast amount of information including photos showing textures, colours and some finished projects that offer an idea of appearance when installed.
Office: 902-538-3500 firstname.lastname@example.org Emergency: 902-680-2580
Proudly serving residential, commercial and institutional clients in Kentville and the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia since 1972
Kentville - Wolfville - New Minas - Coldbrook - Port Williams - Berwick - Kingston - Greenwood - Annapolis Royal - Windsor - Digby - Kingsport - Canning